Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Learning To Draw with Doodle Draw Art

If you have young children you are going to love this You Tube channel! 

Last week when Ryan woke up with a fever and it quickly spiked I knew school was going to be different.  After a cry for help to some homeschool friends on Instagram  within minutes I had an answer.  And a plan to keep Matthew entertained.                                                                  

DoodleDrawArt to the rescue!  DoodleDrawArt is a YouTube channel where each picture is a tutorial showing you how to draw.  Matthew was instantly hooked!

Now if you know anything about number 2 it is that the boy loves to draw or write.  This particular day was right before Halloween so we drew a Frankenstein.  Many children and adults just have a knack for drawing.  That would be Brant and Matthew.  Me and Ryan not so much.  But I did a pretty good job. 

Matthew-left, Me-right
After this Matthew drew every other Halloween picture on the page.  I love her calm, sweet spirit showing you how to draw.  Both boys think she is a great teacher!  Ryan missed out last week so yesterday we started our week with DoodleDrawArt .  I like it because for children who may not know how to draw well this gives them an opportunity to gather some skills.  And the confidence to draw again! 

Here's how we do it----we like to watch the video first, then start it again, then pause and play as we draw each little bit.  Here are the trucks the boys drew yesterday. 





SO proud!

Happy with sick eyes and crazy hair.

I'll admit I am having fun during our art time.  It is something I have never had a strong desire to teach, but know how much the boys Matthew loves anything art.  This is just enough for now.  Maybe it will set off an inner artist in me.  ;)

Up for today-drawing a super cute turkey and pretty leaf.

Now grab your little ones-children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews or friends and get to drawing with DoodleDrawArt .  Have FUN!

3 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I have never heard of that before! Is there a beginning age limit? I wonder if Jacob would enjoy that...he's 6. Thanks for sharing it and I hope everyone is on the mend again!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Grace loves to draw. This sounds perfect for her. We are definitely going to check this out. You are always full of get recommendations. I still have to get some of the candy you recommended too!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on DoodleDrawArt. You have a beautiful family.